Quality is not a cure-all
A business can go down the tubes despite having an excellent quality approach.
You still need all the mechanisms in place to ensure
- Effective leadership and management
- Appropriate marketing strategies
- High quality product or service, priced appropriately
- Convenient delivery method (time and place)
- Efficient business systems and organisational structures
- Staff with the ability and freedom to use those systems for the customers’ benefit.
However, in many market sectors these days, it’s a bit like having a Health & Safety policy. It would be a brave business that did not have some form of quality management system.