Storytelling for Businessby Nick Owen
Who are we?
Use this type of story to express the identity, vision, purpose and sense of service of the organisation, division, team or group.
Include all or most of the following elements when constructing a Who Are We? story.
- Tell a positive story.
- Ensure it is consistent, authentic, and truthful.
- Express the impact that the story makes on you personally.
- Demonstrate your positive emotional connection to the story and, by extension, to the organisation – the ‘We’.
- Spotlight individuals and give real examples; avoid dry facts and abstractions.
- Refer to specific dates, instances and locations; make it real and concrete.
- Be simple and economical.
- Edit, edit, edit anything that can be stripped out: power lies in simplicity and elegance.