Voice Skillsby Judy Apps
How to sound more mature
Use your whole body, not just your head!
If you produce your voice mostly from your head and throat, you can sound a bit childish or immature. The answer is to begin to involve your body in the sound you make.
- Relax your shoulders, neck and jaw to allow the breath to be felt right through your body.
- Breathe low down (see Breathing). Allow your breath to flow: don’t starve yourself of air.
- Imagine that you are speaking from your body, not your vocal chords. Learn about chest, heart and gut Resonance.
- Think of yawning before you speak, to open yourself up.
- See also how to create A deeper voice.
- Feel the vital energy inside yourself and speak with energy.